What is HDMI interface? what's that use for?
HDMI is the English abbreviation of (High Definition Multimedia Interface), which means high-definition multimedia interface. It is a digital video/audio interface technology that can transmit image and audio signals at the same time. The maximum data transmission speed is 48Gbps (version 2.1). At present, HDMI high-definition video interfaces are very common. At present, mainstream graphics cards, motherboards, notebooks, LCD TVs, etc. all have HDMI interfaces, which are unmatched by ordinary VGA display interfaces. Just like the broadband of telephone lines and optical fibers, the ability to transmit data is relatively high. Big difference.
HDMI mainly meets the needs of high-definition video above 1080P. For example, the motherboard or graphics card is equipped with an HDMI interface, indicating that the computer equipped with this motherboard or graphics card supports video output above 1080P.
The HDMI interface type is distinguished from the version:
• Version HDMI 1.0, the original standard with a frequency of 165MHZ and a bandwidth of 4.95Gbps, has been basically eliminated recently;
• Version HDMI 1.1, frequency 165MHZ, bandwidth 4.95Gbps, increase DVD-Audio support, etc.;
• Version HDMI 1.2, frequency 165MHZ, bandwidth 4.95Gbps, increase SACD audio support, etc.;
• Version HDMI 1.2a, frequency 165MHZ, bandwidth 4.95Gbps, increase compatibility certification and other requirements;
• Version HDMI 1.3 Frequency 340MHZ Bandwidth 10.2Gbps Improve communication bandwidth, increase TrueHD and DTS-HD audio;
• Version HDMI 1.4, frequency 340MHZ, bandwidth 10.2Gbps, adds a data channel, supports Fast Ethernet two-way communication.
How many specs does the HDMI interface have?
HDMI cables can be divided into three categories according to different interfaces:
HDMI standard interface, also known as HDMI A type interface, this interface width is 14mm, generally used in high-definition televisions, desktop computers, projectors and other equipment;
HDMI mini interface, also known as HDMI C type interface, this interface width is 10.5mm, generally used in MP4, tablet computers, cameras and other equipment;
HDMI micro interface, also known as HDMI D type several ports, this interface width is 6mm, generally used in smart phones, tablet computers and other devices.
The HDMI interface has the following four characteristics:
1. The latest HDMI1.4 standard can support 4Kx2K resolution transmission with Ethernet channel, audio return channel, support 3D function and so on.
2. Support 4K resolution output, which improves the foundation for the current 4KK TV and monitor support.
3. Support 3D function, which can meet the display signal transmission demand of 3D TV.
4. It can also support more than 30-bit color gamut space, and can display the most vivid and vivid colors under various standards.